MultiVersus being pulled from stores, going offline, relaunching 2024

MultiVersus, the multiplayer platform-fighting game from Warner Bros. and Player First Games, is being pulled from digital stores on April 4 and will go offline — meaning it will become largely unplayable — in June. The developer announced Monday that it’s pausing updates and taking the game offline for a relaunch of MultiVersusThe target date for this project is early 2024.

Tony Huynh (co-founder, CEO, and president of Player First Games) announced the temporary closing of MultiVersus in an update on the game’s website. It’s the first official update that Player First has provided since November, when the developer brought Marvin the Martian and season 2 content to the game. Since then, the game’s remaining players have remained largely in the dark about the fate of MultiVersusThey are desperate to find new content. Huynh addressed the game’s noticeable lack of updates in his announcement.

“We know there’s still a lot of work to do,” he said. “As a result, we have a clearer view of what we need to focus on, specifically the content cadence of new characters, maps and modes to give you more ways to enjoy the game, along with updated netcode and more matchmaking improvements. We’ll also be reworking the progression system based on your feedback and looking at new ways for you to connect with your friends in the game.

“To do this the right way, we will be closing the MultiVersusThe Open Beta will be held on June 25, 2023. As part of this process, we’ll be pausing updates and taking the game offline as we prepare for the launch of MultiVersus, which we are targeting for early 2024.”

In the June 2024 to early 2024 window MultiVersus players will only have access to the game’s offline modes: the training room (aka The Lab) and local matches.

“We do know that this news might be disappointing, but rest assured, MultiVersus will be back,” Huynh said. “We’ll also ensure that all of your progress and content will carry over when MultiVersus returns next year, with a variety of new content, features and modes.”

MultiVersus launched in July 2022, and Warner Bros. and Player First have referred to the game as in “open beta” since then. However, this fact is not widely advertised on digital game stores. This makes it difficult for players to find out if there are refunds available to them for money they have spent in the free-to play game. Player First posted a FAQ that suggested this was unlikely. The developer

After the Open Beta ends, what will happen to any previously purchased or earned in-game content?

Any progress or previously purchased content, as well as any earned money will be carried over. MultiVersusIn early 2024, the game will be back in its original state. This includes unused Gleamium, Battle Pass tokens, character tickets and any other in-game items – all content will carry over to the game next year.

Can I get a refund for items that were purchased previously?

This announcement does not change any current refund policies or terms offered by the storefront(s) from which Founder’s Packs or Gleamium bundles were purchased. Visit the Epic Games, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam customer support pages to find out more. Due to the closure of Open Beta, refunds will not be available. All progress, earned content and purchased content will be preserved. MultiVersusEarly 2024: Returns

MultiVersus brings together characters from across Warner Bros.’ suite of properties, including DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman), Scooby-Doo (Shaggy, Velma), Game of Thrones (Arya Stark), Looney Tunes (Bugs Bunny, Taz), Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Tom & Jerry. LeBron James also is present because of Space Jam: A New Legacy.

#MultiVersus #pulled #stores #offline #relaunching