Apex Legends Mobile shutting down in May, EA and Respawn announce

Electronic Arts Publisher is giving up Apex Legends MobileThe mobile version of the popular battle royale game set in Titanfall’s universe is called. Battlefield MobileIt was still in development. Apex Legends Mobile will shut down and become unplayable on May 1, and developer Respawn Entertainment says it’s removing in-game purchases and pulling the game from digital stores today.

“We have made the painful decision to sunset Apex Legends Mobile,” Respawn said on its Twitter account. “This decision does not come with ease. Factors beyond our control have prevented us from maintaining the high-quality experience and content that our players deserve.”

In an update from Electronic Arts, the developers explained the decision in more detail, saying, “Following a strong start, the content pipeline for Apex Legends MobileOur mobile game has fallen short of the high standards for quality and quantity. We have decided to close our mobile gaming game after working for months with our developer partner. Although disappointing, we are proud of the game we launched, are grateful for the support of the Apex Legends community, and are confident that this is the right decision for players.”

However Apex Legends Mobile’s shutdown — after less than a year — Respawn says it “remain[s] excited about mobile as a platform and look forward to new opportunities to serve players there in the future.” Respawn previously attempted to bring the Titanfall franchise to mobile with two canceled projects: Titanfall: FrontlineThe competitive card game ‘Collectible Card Game’ is also known as. Titanfall: Assault, a real-time strategy game.

EA also commented on the decision to end development of its mobile version of Battlefield, saying, “As the industry has evolved and our strategy to create a deeply connected Battlefield ecosystem has taken shape, we decided to pivot from the current direction to best deliver on our vision for the franchise and to meet the expectations of our players.”

Battlefield developer DICE has announced the Battlefield mobile project for 2021 ahead of the troubled launch Battlefield 2042That was October. At the time, DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson (who has since left EA) said that the mobile spin on Battlefield would be “completely new.” EA and DICE enlisted studio Industrial Toys, the mobile game developer founded by Bungie co-founder Alex Seropian, to co-develop Battlefield mobile.

Electronic Arts announced that it would be shaking up Battlefield in major ways in December 2021. Vince Zampella was co-founder. Apex LegendsRespawn Entertainment, a developer, was assigned to oversee the Battlefield franchise. Gabrielson’s departure from DICE and EA was announced concurrently. EA and DICE later said they were “rethinking the development process [of Battlefield] from the ground up,” and would continue to support Battlefield 2042You can also pursue other franchise projects.

#Apex #Legends #Mobile #shutting #Respawn #announce