With Age of Empires IV’s first ever ranked season ending in a few short days on June 30th, we thought it was just about time to celebrate! So we come bearing the gift of news – including an update on Season Two, first mentioned in our post here, as well as a quick overview of what we’ve heard from you in the past few months and how we plan to action on what we’ve heard in Season Three, tentatively planned for the October/November timeframe!
We want to thank everyone who took part in the Festival of Ages Season One: Festival of Ages these past months. Whether you’ve been battling your way to Conqueror in the ranked ladder, collecting rewards with our Seasonal Events, or crafting mods for yourself and others to enjoy.
Since the Season One release on April 7, our modding community has published over a thousand mods.Th, but we’ve also had more than 42,000 competitors make their mark on the ranked season one leaderboard. Keep it up – we appreciate your passion and will continue listening to your feedback on how to further improve the Age IV experience!
Season two: Just on the Horizon
We shared a little bit about Season Two back in March, and we’re here today to say that features like the Map Preference System, Fully Remappable Inputs, and Player Color Picker are on their way in July… along with a few other exciting changes!
Some of the features may already be available to those who took part in the recent Public Update Preview. Here’s an overview of some of what you can expect:
- Introduce the Player Color Picker! You requested it, and it’s almost here. This new feature allows players to choose or randomly assign a colour at the beginning of a match. It will appear in-game as well on the minimap.
- Based on your feedback, we’ve continued to refine hotkeysto ensure you’re able to customize and play as you wish. In Season Two, we’ll be introducing the new Full-Remappable Hotkey layoutYou can also make changes to hotkey conflicts and reorganize remapping tables so you are able to locate hotkeys more quickly.
- Since a while, the community has been asking for an easier way to let players choose which maps they use in Quick Play and Ranked multiplayer matches. This update brings us our first version a Map Preference Systems that will give you influence over the maps that you will encounter in ladder play. When the Season Two update releases, we’ll be sharing FAQs and other details further outlining how the system works!
- Speaking of maps, we’ll be introducing a brand new map in Season Two, called The Pit! This map features a clear layout and a focus on competition.
We’ll have more to share in the coming weeks, including significant balance changes, new Seasonal Event rewards and our Season Two theme!
All this, and many more are coming. Age of Empires IV very soon, it’s the perfect time to join in on the fun! Age IV It will appear in Steam Summer Sale which starts today, June 23rdRdAvailable with PC Game Pass, Ultimate and other services
Season Three: What’s Still to Come
We sent out player surveys at the beginning of Season One. a lot Many questions were asked about players’ feelings about the update. We also requested guidance regarding our next steps. Some of your answers validated work that we had already done (such as with the Map Preference System), while others helped us to change our priorities.
It was clear that not everyone likes to rank in the real world, but they prefer playing with friends. We made it our priority to launch Team Ranked’s first version in Season Three. We’ll explore some other meaningful changes to Ranked based on other learnings resulting from the survey, and we’ve also started early discussions on what we can do to provide more opportunities to allow players to enjoy Age IV In a more social, and less competitive way.
We’ll also be looking to introduce two features you’ve been asking after for a while: Taunts and Cheats! While our starting point with Taunts and Cheats is heavily inspired by what you’ve seen and experienced in previous Age titles, we’ll be looking to expand upon this space as we go. When it comes to Cheats, we’ll be offering up some of what you’ve seen in the past, as well as some new things – both functional and playful. When it comes to unique units, we expect we’ll be asking you for your input once our first offering of Cheats releases so we can continue to entertain.
And of course, it goes without saying that this is just a small peek at what’s to come. There’s a lot We will continue to update you on Season Three as we move closer.
Tell Us How We’re Doing
We’ve been asking for your feedback consistently since before the launch of Age of Empires IV, and we don’t plan on stopping yet! Here’s a quick reminder on how you can help shape our direction:
- Short-term: Share your opinions in our official Age forums!
- Our Season Two Public Update Preview (PUP) ended recently, but we’re planning for even more of these! Sign up to be an Age Keep up to date with Insider for the latest PUP news.
- If you liked the sound of the Season One survey, don’t worry: We did, too! We found this to be a powerful tool for hearing from all of you; we learned a lot from your feedback and are continuing to make plans based on what you said, beyond what we’ve covered in this post. To ensure we continue hearing from you all, we’ll be sending out another survey shortly after the release of the Season Two update. Make sure you tell us how you feel about the new features and content and what you’d like to see more of in the future.
#Whats #Season #Age #Seasons