The Wolf Among Us 2 delayed; won’t launch in 2023

The Wolf Among Us 2 won’t launch in 2023, Telltale Games announced Wednesday. The sequel to the studio’s cult-hit 2013 narrative adventure had been slated for a launch sometime this year.

“We started work on this in 2020 and we’re still determined to tell the ongoing story of Bigby and the rest of the Fabletown gang,” Telltale posted on Twitter. “However, it is going to require more time.”

Jamie Ottilie, chief executive of Telltale Entertainment was quoted by IGN Wednesday as saying that shipping is his top priority. The Wolf Among Us 2Two things were necessary for this year: developing a crunch, or publishing an incomplete game.

“If we put this game out and it’s not ready, we’re going to get torn to shreds,” Ottilie said. As for crunch, Ottilie said “I don’t want to do it again, and it’s not fair to ask. You can’t plan a business around it.”

The delay was also caused by Telltale Games’ reconstitution (the studio that closed in 2018), and Unreal Engine 5 development (from Unreal 4). Ottilie explained to IGN that this means having to go back and redo a lot work already done.

The Wolf Among Us The graphic adventure, which aired five episodes per episode, debuted in October 2013. It’s an adaptation of the Fables comic book series Bill Willingham created in 2002 for DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint. The Wolf Among Us The comic is a prequel, and focuses on Bigby Wolverine, Fabletown sheriff (and also werewolf) who attempts to solve a string of murders.

#Wolf #Among #delayed #wont #launch