The Last of Us Part 2 multiplayer launching as a standalone game
Part 2 of The Last of Us’s aforementioned multiplayer component will launch as a standalone game, Naughty Dog’s CEO Neil Druckmann announced during Summer Game Fest on Thursday.
Druckmann said Naughty Dog wasn’t ready to unveil much about the game so far, but he did have a piece of concept art to share, showing two characters overlooking an apocalyptic city. Druckmann did say that the standalone multiplayer game will be as big as the developer’s single-player games, “and in some ways bigger.”
“It’s got a story. The way we’re telling the story is very unique to this game,” Druckmann said. “It has a brand new cast of characters. It takes place in another part of the United States.”
Druckmann indicated that although there was no specific release date, Druckmann did say more details will be forthcoming next year.
Last of UsPart 2was first announced in January with a multiplayer component similar to the first game. Naughty Dog has confirmed multiplayer in 2019, after the first game was announced. wasn’t coming.
#Part #multiplayer #launching #standalone #game
