Eidos-Montréal has revealed the full licensed music soundtrack players can expect to hear in its upcoming Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy game.
As you might expect, it features plenty of 1980s hits as well as at least two songs from Star-Lord’s own in-game band. To celebrate today’s announcement, the studio debuted the very-80s, very-VHS-style music video for “Zero to Hero”, the second single from Star-Lord’s band. That video is available below.
According to Eidos-Montréal, the music video for “Zero to Hero” features a few nods to Peter Quill’s inspiration to actually adopt the Star-Lord name. “Zero To Hero” is the 2nd Star-Lord single, Space Riders With No Names the 1st. You can find both of these in the official Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy original video game playlist here
As far as what other songs you can expect in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the full 28-song soundtrack (not counting the Star-Lord songs) can be viewed below:
- Blondie – Call Me
- Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t Fear The Reaper
- Bobby McFerrin – Don’t Worry Be Happy
- Hot Chocolate – Every 1’s A Winner
- Wang Chung – Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Tears For Fears – Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- EUROPE – The Final Countdown
- New Kids on the Block – Hangin’ Tough
- Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Bonnie Tyler – Holding Out for a Hero
- KISS – I Love It Loud
- Flock of Seagulls – I Ran
- Culture Club – I’ll Tumble 4 Ya
- Mötley Crüe – Kickstart My Heart
- Simple Minds – Love Song
- Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax
- Def Leppard – Rock Rock Till You Drop
- Rainbow – Since You Been Gone
- A-ha – Take On Me
- Soft Cell – Tainted Love
- Loverboy – Turn Me Loose
- Autograph – Turn Up the Radio
- Woo! – Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Scandal featuring Patty Smyth – The Warrior
- Starship – We Built This City
- Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
- Billy Idol – White Wedding
“You’ll get to listen to these incredible tracks as you progress through the game, as well as on the jukebox that’s on the Milano,” according to Eidos-Montréal. “Some of them will also play a key role during the Huddle, a key gameplay mechanic in combat. You will have the opportunity to choose between two bangers on Star-Lord’s cassette player to try and motivate the Guardians and overwhelm your enemies.”
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will be released on October 26 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. It will also release a cloud version for Nintendo Switch.
For more about Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, check out our thoughts on it after going hands-on with it recently in Game Informer’s Guardians of the Galaxy previewWatch this video. You can watch this video. The game features 4K video footageAfter that, and then See the trailer for the latest newsFor more information, visit Cosmo or the Nova Corps.
Do you feel excited by this music? Do you think there are any outstanding songs that we haven’t included? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section!
[Source: Square Enix]
#EidosMontréal #Reveals #Full #Guardians #Galaxy #Soundtrack #Including #Song #StarLords #Band