Lando’s solo Star Wars Disney Plus show gets an update at Celebration

We are here! An actual update on the stand-alone Lando Calrissian television series that Lucasfilm hasn’t said a peep about since 2020? At Star Wars Celebration on Friday, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that Disney Plus’ LandoThis is still being worked on.

According to a report from IGN, Kennedy said the Lando spinoff is “still happening,” and indicated that Solo: A Star Wars Story actor Donald Glover is not only board, but “very excited about it.”

It’s been unclear if Glover would reprise his role as a young Lando Calrissian. When Glover was asked this question earlier in the week about his future role, he said that he will continue from Solo, Glover told GQ that he was “not interested in doing anything that’s going to be a waste of my time or just a paycheck,” but teased, “Yeah, I mean, we’re talking about it. That’s as much as I can say without Kathleen Kennedy hunting me down.”

LandoIt was originally announced as part of the Star Wars TV series in 2020. Justin Simien is the series’ director, writer and producer. Dear White PeopleBoth the TV series and movie version. Bad Hair.

Lando Calrissian made his Star Wars debut in 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back, in which he was played by Billy Dee Williams, and he returned for the next movie, 1983’s The Return of the Jedi. The character was brought back in younger form by Glover in 2018’s Solo: A Star Wars Story. Williams played Lando again in Star Wars: The Rise of SkywalkerThe closing film of the Star Wars trilogy was ‘Star Wars: Episode VII, Part 2’.

#Landos #solo #Star #Wars #Disney #show #update #Celebration